Monday, April 29, 2013

My relationship died at Disney....

Where have you been? You were wondering, right?


So, this past week I went to Disney World down in FL. I went last year for my first time ever and was hooked. Disney without kids (even though I've never went with kids) kicks ass. You can drink it up in Epcot. Do a lot in one day and eat AMAZING food.

My boyfriend paid for half of my trip as a birthday present. He scheduled the whole trip back in January, even though I wanted to go on a cruise (this is where I'm going to start sounding unappreciative, but trust me, I'm not), but Disney is Disney and I was excited.

I would love to show you a picture of me and said boyfriend on this trip, except we didn't take any of us together.

This is where I realized I have had Disneyland boyfriend. Where a grand gesture every 6 months  should make up for the rest of the time. Well, in the middle of Downtown Disney, that shit decided not to fly anymore. When he didn't want to ride the big balloon, because it was something I wanted to do, my world crashed down. The past 4 years flashed infront of me and told me that once I had my own life and my feelings and thoughts mattered. I missed being Amy and not a doormat. He also professed how he "would never marry me" and an easy feeling went all over my body. Like a relief, no more trying to get him to want to marry me.

Our relationship went dead at Disney.

Do I remember how to be single? Not so much, but it's got to be like riding a bike.

I have more details of my relationship gone South (literally), but it wasn't a shock and maybe one day I'll share a little more later. I read an article called It Matters Whom You Marry and it has REALLY helped me know I want more and deserve better.

Am I bashing the ex? No, not yet anyway....

High point of my trip-I got over my princess phobia. Last year the princesses at Cinderalla's Castle freaked my shit out! I knew they never leave character, but geeeeezz. They don't serve alcohol at the castle, but it could help..

 
This is me and the princess...

No comments:

Post a Comment